Sunday 18 January 2015

Ilaiyaraaja sir's recent interview about Yuvan Who are you most attached to? A...

Ilaiyaraaja sir's recent interview about Yuvan



Who are you most attached to?

All my children.



What is Yuvan Shankar Raja like?

He is very good. He is doing wonderful music. Yuvan has some kind of mischievousness in him. I too am childlike and am more naughty than Yuvan.



How do you feel when you sing for your sons Yuvan Shankar Raja or Karthik Raja who are today big composers themselves?

Very nice. Yuvan will teach the song to me. And I will say, 'Why Yuvan, this is not my pitch?' He will say, 'Come on, dad. Sing.' It feels nice. Karthik never leaves me. He will make very difficult phrases for me and will insist that I have to sing it in my voice.



Yuvan once told me that your favourite is Karthik and he was his mother's favourite.

Nothing like that. They are both my favourites. Yuvan's mother always encouraged him, so, he feels like that and misses her a lot.



More here - http://ift.tt/1CFqw3s